Monday, February 15, 2010

Biggest loser

I was going to recap the first weeks food journal, but I really don't feel like typing it all out right now. Laziness is besting me on my first post. Alas I will try to do better. You may wonder why I even care about what I have eaten, it is a rather odd habit I've tried to develop. But Chris and I, along with my mom, grandma, and brother, have joined a weight loss competition. And, is there anything so motivating as cash? So for the next, no 11 weeks we will be on a journey of healthy eating and exercise.
It is no secret that this is not my area of expertise. But I cannot say that I really have an area that is. I look forward to the end result, so I am going to try my best to stay on track. I have done pretty good the first week....not that I am typing proof of it, but trust me. Now for the scary numbers....dare I type my weight?
We weighed in on Saturday February 6 2010. We will go back to check the scales biweekly.

Week 1 198 lbs


I have a goal of at least 30 lbs before the end of the game. I really think that I can do it. My main goal is 50 pounds, but I'm going in baby steps. My goal for the first weigh in is to have lost 10 pounds. The first ones are the easy ones.
Chris is doing very well. He has more focus than I do. He is not as easily swayed by a pretty peice of chocolate. His goal is a lot harder to reach than mine, but if anyone can do, it would be him.
I think this week will be even harder than the first week. Last week I had to get over my addicition to caffeine and sugar. This week I know I am going to get tired of the same foods as last week. But we are going to the beach this weekend, and theres nothing like seeing yourself in a bathing suit to motivate you to lose weight.

No comments: