Monday, February 15, 2010

Food journal week 2

Sunday February 14, 2010
Breakfast
2 scrambled eggs
2 whole wheat waffles
1/4 of a banana
3 strawberries
16 oz of fat free milk
1 tsp splenda
1 tsp cocoa

Lunch
1/3 chicken breast
1/2 cup corn
1 cup of mashed potatoes (made with red potatoes, fake butter, and fat free sour cream)
20 oz water

Snack
2 nuts
2 pieces of homemade candy***
40 oz of water

Supper
1/2 grilled chicken breast
1/2 avocado
1 Roma tomato
1 cup steamed broccoli
1 baked potato
1 tsp fake butter
1 tsp fat free sour cream
16oz tea with splenda
1 serving of fat free chocolate pudding

Exercise
Not much to speak of, though I did wear my Shape ups and clean that house.


*** The homemade candy
Perhaps you will note the date as Valentines day. It is very hard to think of what to get a man for such a day other than candy. And what do you do when your Valentine is on a Diet? I did my best to make something sweet that was not too horrible. I modified Tiffany's truffles, http://www.tiffanys-kitchen.com/?p=408, to fit better within out diet. I used whole wheat flour, I can't believe its not butter, splenda brown sugar, fat free sweetened condensed milk, and I did add the walnuts. I dipped a few of them like normal, but most of them, I just drizzled the candy coating over. So we were able to get the taste of chocolate, but not all the fat.

No comments: